Welcome to dogwalksyorkshire
If you love dogs, walking and Yorkshire, then you’ve come to the right place.
Dog Walks Yorkshire is a free dog-friendly walking guide to the best of the Yorkshire countryside. All of our walks are dog-friendly and have clear, easy-to-follow, step by step directions plus maps and pictures to help you and your pooch stay on track.
Keep up to date with what’s happening by signing up to our newsletter, with new walks, and latest blog posts.
Have a great day out with your dog.
Latest from the blog
- iFootpath and DogWalksYorkshire Become OneiFootpath is pleased to announce that it is now the proud owner of another excellent walking website, DogWalksYorkshire. As current iFootpath customers know, our mission in life is to make walking accessible, fun and stress-free for seasoned walkers and newcomers alike. When we first came across the DogWalksYorkshire website we were pleased to find like-minded folk with a similar ethos, albeit specifically aimed at dog walkers in Yorkshire. When we learned that the current DogWalksYorkshire ...
- Five family activities to enjoy with your dogThere’s nothing quite as much fun for a family as spending time together with your family’s dog. If you’re a dog owner, you know this already – watching these friendly animals bounding around, grinning from ear to ear, enjoying being with the family, just puts a smile on your face like nothing else quite can. And with the weather cooling off soon as the autumn approaches, it’s a great time of year to get outside and enjoy some family activities with your dog. Here are five activities we think ...
- Want a dog but work?Have you always wanted a dog but are worried about leaving them alone whilst you are at work? If so, we have the perfect solution for you. In Bielby, East Yorkshire you’ll find a Hearing Dogs training centre. Here our wonderful and intelligent dogs learn how to transform the lives of deaf people. We teach them how to alert to important sounds such as the doorbell and alarm clock, plus danger signals like the smoke alarm. Hearing dogs also offer emotional support to deaf people which make them ...
- Barnburgh and Barnburgh CragsBarnburgh and Barnburgh Crags Distance: 3 miles Duration: 1.5 hours Level of walk: Medium Check latest weather Why you should do this walk… A 3 mile circular walk from the small village of Barnburgh, near Doncaster in South Yorkshire. The route climbs steadily along a quiet track to reach the ….
- Reeth RoundReeth Round Distance: 3½ miles Duration: 1½ to 2 hours Level of walk: Easy Check latest weather Download this walk onto your GPS or phone (.gpx file) Why you should do this walk… If you want a fairly short walk in the Dales, with just a few climbs and you and your dog don’t mind hoping over dry ….
- Settle and Victoria CaveSettle and Victoria Cave Distance: 5½ miles Duration: 2 hours inc breaks Level of walk: Medium Check latest weather Download this walk onto your GPS or phone (.gpx file) Why you should do this walk… For the great views of Pen–y-ghent and Ingleborough – two of the three Yorkshire Peaks, great if you ….